- Work with one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Maximum term position to November 2019
- $96K - $108K + Super
- Full Time / Monthly RDO
- Ref no: 17846
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to an external secondment opportunity for one of our staff, Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic short term opportunity for a Senior Environmental Engineer to join our dynamic Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) Team to a water sensitive city.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE TO:
- Lead the refresh of our Watermap 2020 Strategy
- Lead the development of an action plan for the implementation of GPTs and other litter devices across Moreland to reduce litter and (in particular) plastic pollution from reaching Moreland’s waterways
- Lead delivery of stormwater harvesting, water sensitive urban design (WSUD)
- Provide expert advice and support to internal Council teams looking to incorporate WSUD principles providing technical advice on WSUD in planning permit applications
- Represent Moreland with external partners, such as Melbourne Water, and at external events such as the Department of Environment Land Water and Water Management Forums
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced staff in the Unit.
- Provide a high level of broader ESD support and advice to the CEO, Directors, and other Management staff in delivering strategic ESD outcomes for Council.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or significant experience and technical expertise in relation to environmental engineering and water, programs, projects and policy
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practices of integrated water cycle management
- Previous experience in developing and project managing integrated water cycle management and water sensitive urban design programs and capital works projects
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate successful cross-organisational and multi-organisational projects.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Diverse and stimulating senior role at a local council recognised for leadership in integrated water management
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Victoria Hart on 9240 2476.
Applications close: 5pm, 28 April 2019.
To apply or obtain a position description, please visit our website.
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.