- Permanent part time (38 hrs per fortnight)
- Band 7
- Amazing CBD location
This position facilitates the assessment and issue of permits and approvals on a range of development across the municipality.
- Provide clients with a professional advisory service.
- Represent the City in public forums and legal proceedings.
- Play a key role in community education on various statutes, legislation and local laws.
- Coach and mentor junior professional.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with other City departments.
- Tertiary qualification in town planning or urban studies (or related field).
- Extensive experience in a local government town planning environment.
- Thorough understanding of the operations of local government, the Victorian planning system and the general legal process within Victoria.
- Excellent analytical and investigative skills.
- A background including mentoring junior colleagues, resolving conflict, and successfully managing competing demands and priorities.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City of Greater Geelong provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, including flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and training and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to the community.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 29 September 2017.
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.