Network Planning Engineer Modeller - [Archived Advertisement]
Coliban Water (View other jobs from this organisation)
About Coliban Water
Coliban Region Water Corporation is based in Bendigo and is one of the largest Victorian regional urban water corporations. Our service area covers 16,550 square kilometers including 49 towns and is at the southern gateway to the Murray-Darling basin – Australia’s food bowl. We manage, maintain and operate over 34 reservoirs and water storage basins and provide water and waste services to both urban and rural customers.
Coliban Water is an employer that supports employment equity and diversity. We value the skills, knowledge and experience a diverse and inclusive workforce brings to the organisation and encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.
What Coliban Water offers:
Coliban Water has a strong focus on providing the best environment for employees to grow, develop and build their Careers. Coliban Water achieves this by:
- Building and fostering a positive, collaborative and inclusive work culture
- Boasting a strong emphasis on flexibility and work-life-balance
- Continually building a strong focus on diversity and inclusion. Promoting the inclusion of people from varying backgrounds is a key part of the way we do business
- Supporting and fostering learning and development throughout an individuals’ career
About the role and team
We have an exciting opportunity within our Water and Sewer Planning team for a Planning Engineer with one to three years’ experience. Reporting to the Water and Sewer Planning Manager the Planning Engineer will undertake hydraulic modelling, extract data from digital monitors and interpret data, respond to Land Development applications, prepare simple water and sewer augmentation plans and prepare options assessments/Business Cases
The Water & Sewer Planning team focuses are on:
- Water & sewer hydraullic modelling
- Long term water and sewer town plans to cater for future growth (whole of water cycle management)
- Development advice to the Development Services team on asset provision including sizing
What we are looking for
- A tertiary qualification in civil engineering, or another engineering discipline with the appropriate experience and/or tertiary qualification or experience in hydraulic modelling, data analytics and visualisation.
- The ability to apply sound and appropriate engineering principles and practices appropriate to the water industry
- Ability to undertake project investigation and evaluation as well as an understanding of multi-criteria analysis
- Demonstrated strong planning, coordination, organisation, priority setting and time management skills, along with initiative and a proactive approach
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully to obtain co-operation from staff at all levels, as well as deal professionally with the public and external companies.
- Ability to efficiently use computer software and computer aided analysis
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence.
The salary and conditions for this position will be as per the Coliban Water Enterprise Agreement 2017 Band 3 $68,549 - $75,891 Salary will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with their skills and experience
To discuss this position in more detail please contact Christine Grundy, Water and Sewer Planning Manager on 0456 893 139.
To apply, click the red button below. You will be taken to the job posting on the Coliban Water Careers page where you will be able access the Position Description. Apply by submitting your resume, cover letter and outline your suitability against the success criteria detailed in the Position Description. Applications close 5pm Friday 4th February 2022 - please note candidates may be contacted before the closing date.
Applicants may be required to undertake a Police Check, Working with Children Check, Pre-employment Medical or Psychometric testing. Applicant’s may also be required to produce evidence of their Right to Work in Australia.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Feb 2022
- VIC - Bendigo
- Work Type:
- Full Time