- Project Engineer role
- Permanent full time
Join the Capital Projects Unit as a Project Engineer. The Unit is responsible for the delivery of Council’s Capital Works Program, reporting on the progress of Capital projects and maintenance of all Council buildings.
About the Project Engineer role
This role will effectively and economically plan, implement and supervise building and civil projects to ensure compliance with the contract, Council requirements, industry standards and legislative requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding project scope
- Plan and implement projects from inception to handover
- Prepare specifications of work for minor projects
- Supervise contractors and administers and budgets
You will have
- Degree or Diploma in Civil/Building Engineering or related fields with experience in construction supervision
- Construction Industry white card
- Experience in supervision of Civil/Building projects
- Licensed to drive vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes GCM (car license) essential
- Knowledge of OH&S, environmental, and traffic management requirements and procedures.
- Ability to prepare specifications of work for minor projects.
- Ability to supervise contractors
Pre employment screening - Evidence of COVID vaccinations, Working with Children Check and Police check
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
- $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 plus super
- Permanent full time - 38 hours per week
- Monthly RDO
- Learning and development opportunities and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements
- Office location - Greensborough
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Matt Deayton Capital Works Coordinator Tel: 9457 9846 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 13 February 2022.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply