Our Development Planning team is looking for a full time Development Planner to make assessments and advise Council on statutory planning proposals and facilitate development approvals.
The Planning & Building portfolio aligns urban planning policy with urban planning delivery and incorporates Banyule’s Statutory Planning Team including subdivision and planning enforcement. The portfolio also includes Building Services.
The successful candidate will be efficient and courteous, have a strong attention to detail and good communication & negotiation skills.
In this role you will
- Assess and advise Council on statutory planning proposals for the development and use of land
- Act as a facilitator to achieve an efficient development approvals process and to guidance and assistance
- Recommend changes to policies and procedures to management
- Review reports and assist staff in their understanding of the Planning Scheme, planning reforms and the Planning and Environment Act
- Act as a specialist adviser between the Strategic and Development Planning groups
You will be able to demonstrate
- Qualifications and experience in a planning role
- Recognised tertiary qualification in urban planning.
- A working knowledge and understanding of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 and associated statutory procedures including the provisions and both State and Local Planning Policies of the Planning Scheme.
- Customer service, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and communications skills including report writing
- Innovation and ability to deliver service improvements
- Current Drivers licence
In return we can offer you
- Permanent full-time position & monthly RDO
- An attractive salary of $86,182.00 to $93,696.00 plus super
- Flexible work environment
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough office location
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Heather Darbyshire Tel: 94579872 or a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 26th September 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.