- Maintenance of Council's building assets
- Leadership role
- Greensborough location
Banyule City Council is an award winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement. We uphold an enviable reputation for customer service and work diligently to maintain high quality services to provide the best possible opportunities and outcomes for the community we represent.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager Delivery and Assets, the Building Maintenance Coordinator will lead a team of professional engineers and maintenance employees and coordinate the maintenance of Council’s building assets whilst undertaking compliance with relevant legislation.
- Report on progress and delivery of maintenance program for all Council building assets including physical and financial reporting
- Manage Building Asset Management System
- Appoint and supervise a range of maintenance consultants and contractors
- Appropriately liaise with community and client expectations in delivery of projects and services
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Building Engineering or relevant work experience
- Experience in the construction and maintenance of complex building projects and services
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and Risk Management in relation to assets and infrastructure.
- Community consultation and stakeholder management skills
- Proven competencies in financial management
- Demonstrated ability to work as a senior member of a team
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
- Salary range $109,968.31- $122,904.64 plus super
- Full time and a monthly RDO
- Temporary contract 12 April 2020 to 9 April 2021
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Greensborough location
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact James Kelly Manager Delivery and Assetsfor mobile 046653410 a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 29 March 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.