- Permanent, Full time
- Annualised salary between $100,298 to $111,067 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Location - The Phoenix Building, Armstrong Street South Ballarat
We are seeking an exceptional integrated traffic leader to join us on our transformational journey. The growth and development occurring in Ballarat at this time provides an exciting time to join our team to support an organisation that is becoming one of the most progressive local government areas in the State.
The primary function of the position is to coordinate the day to day operation of the traffic and transport team. This team provides sound and specialist traffic and transport advice in relation to customer requests, planning, road safety matters and other traffic and transport related assessments. This team is also responsible for the development of strategies, guidelines and relevant capital works programs.
The following key selection criteria outlines the qualities, knowledge and skills we are seeking for this position. If you have the relevant experience, a passion for your work and a desire to lead a dynamic team then this position may be for you.
To be considered for this opportunity, address the key selection criteria:
- Degree / Diploma or Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or Transport Planning Extensive experience in applying traffic and transport related standards, guidelines and policies in response to customer requests, planning referrals and other assessments.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, project estimating, preparation of funding applications and budgeting procedures for traffic and transport related projects.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the development of strategies and policies in the provision of road transport infrastructure improvements. Demonstrated ability to project manage the delivery of strategic planning studies undertaken by external consultants/contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate complex issues to a broad range of stakeholders and an ability to influence others and gain cooperation.
The closing date for this position is midnight Sunday, 26 May 2019.
For further information on this position, contact Natalie Robertson, Executive Manager Development Facilitation on (03)5320 5855