Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
Cross River Rail is one of the largest transport projects in Queensland, it will set the foundation for a world-class, integrated public transport system in SEQ that will transform Queensland Rail and the way we operate. The Rail Safety Accreditation Lead will sit within our Planning, Assurance and Delivery team and will play a key role in the development and management of Rail Safety Accreditation Plans and Safety Change Management framework.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a high level of rail industry experience as you will be assessing contractor-delivered artefacts and plans from the perspective of a Rail Transport Operator, assessing them for conformance and adequacy against rail safety national law and Queensland Rail standards.
A key deliverable for this role will be the development and implementation of the Safety Change Management framework, including coordinating the development of associated plans as well as compiling content and evidence from a wide variety of stakeholders in preparation for submissions of Notifications of Change to ONRSR.
You will need to have excellent communication and engagement skills as this role will work across multiple business areas with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Extensive knowledge of the rail safety regulatory environment, safety change management and safety management systems.
- High level of skill in developing complex plans and analyses for internal and external audiences.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders about the delivery of project-critical outcomes.
- High level of influencing and project management skills.
- High level of skill in document development, report writing and interpretation
This role is permanent full time, based in Brisbane CBD. The salary for this role is approximately $110,000 + Superannuation as well as free rail travel, to and from work.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to [[title]] ([[id]]) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 1159pm on Thursday the 28 of January 2021.
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Ellie Proctor with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.