We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to assist with the improvement of the safety, availability, reliability and cost effectiveness of Queensland Rail's rollingstock fleet, specifically bogie overhauls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide technical assistance and advice to rollingstock maintenance.
- Monitor rollingstock performance, carry out tests, analyse and make recommendations to improve the reliability and performance of rollingstock and associated equipment.
- Conduct quality audits on rollingstock maintenance procedures and practices in accordance with established standards.
- Develop scopes of work, specifications, instructions, and any other documents to the required standards for rollingstock maintenance.
- Monitor the performance of servicing facilities and evaluate the suitability of equipment and work practices used in relevant depots.
- Manage modifications to parts and equipment, including problem solving and fault finding, reliability, modifications, upgrades and general maintenance.
- Liaise with technical and trade staff and other Queensland Rail staff regarding rollingstock maintenance issues.
- Use existing corporate maintenance management system and any other required PC based system to produce performance reports.
We are seeking interest from Mechanical Engineers who possess:
- A Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Maintenance engineering experience in heavy mechanical industries, preferably rollingstock, is required.
- High level of skill in the implementation of quality improvement principles in relation to reliability and workshop facilities.
- Substantial skill in undertaking technical investigations, fault finding, problem solving, testing and commissioning.
- Substantial skill in developing written work procedures and scopes of works.
- Substantial interpersonal, written and oral communication and training skills.
- Sound skill in the use of PC and mainframe based applications used in the rollingstock maintenance industry.
Apply to position number 72928 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Tuesday 21st February 2017.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply. We support working flexibly and encourage candidates to have a discussion around flexible work arrangements.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity callJade Borey on 07 3072 0065.