Senior Traffic Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Wingecarribee Shire Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Permanent Full Time Opportunity
35-hour week 19-day 4-week cycle
Salary from $95,981.60 to $111,338.76 p.a. plus superannuation
Located in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW, 1 hour south of Sydney. Join Wingecarribee Shire Council on our journey to re-focus, re-build and reinvigorate. We are working towards a vibrant future.
About the Role:
The Senior Traffic Engineer of Wingecarribee Shire Council will lead a team in the delivery of safe and sustainable traffic outcomes for a transport network of over 1,000km of roads, 130 car parks and 100km of footpaths.
You will be responsible for ensuring Council’s continued investment in improved road safety and traffic outcomes through the planning & scoping of infrastructure upgrades, road safety programs, finding initiatives and oversight of private development. The role offers management experience through the responsibility of three direct reports and there will be opportunities to act in the team management position.
The role sits within the Assets Branch, an innovative and collaborative team that are working to revitalise the infrastructure networks across the Shire. Each year, the Assets Team is responsible for scoping projects, and maintaining involvement as the project client, for the $60-80M Capital Works Program.
• Opportunities for education, training and career pathways within WSC
• Dynamic team culture that is supportive, diverse and inclusive
• Positive flexible work-life balance and job security
• Be a part of a growing organisation with a culture focus on dignity and respect
• Reward & Recognition and Wellness programs
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications such as transport planning, urban planning or Civil engineering with significant experience related to the responsibilities of the role.
2. Demonstrated relevant practical and extensive experience in Civil Engineering Design.
3. A strong technical background with experience in the development of strategic plans, master plans. Business case development and small, medium and large development transport assessments.
4. Demonstrated experience in assessing traffic studies, traffic modelling, modelling of intersections and cost estimates.
5. Demonstrated computer literacy.
6. Currently Class C Driver’s licence
7. Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
8. Demonstrated understanding of WH&S and EEO.
How to Apply:
Please upload your current resume, and responses to the essential criteria.
Applicants not addressing the essential criteria may not be considered. For further information about the role, please contact Shaun Robinson on (02) 4868 0888.
In accordance with Wingecarribee Shire Council’s COVID 19 Safety Plan, we encourage all employees to be COVID 19 vaccinated.
Wingecarribee Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applications are to be received 29th September 2022
- Closing Date:
- 29 Sep 2022
- NSW - Moss Vale
- $95,981.60 to $111,338.76
- Work Type:
- Full Time